hands-on review of the D7100

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
anotherMike
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,155
Like?
Re: TechRadar Graphs
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Mar 18, 2013

Yea, you  nailed that last comment. When I was shooting my first test shots with the D7100, that was exactly what I thought - how far cameras have come and how there are no excuses if the pictures aren't turning out. If someone can't get an unbelievable image out of a D7100 (or D600 or D800/E) at most reasonable ISOs at even pretty serious print sizes, it ain't the cameras fault, it's the guy (or gal) in the mirror who is the problem. That's gonna cause some folks issues because it's far easier to blame the tool than to admit one must go back and improve ones craft.

As a note, I also don't get where this "D7100 is noisy" set of posts is coming from. At low ISO, I've got no problems with it, and I'm one who thought the D300 sensor wasn't much due to the low ISO grit it had, so I'm sensitive to low ISO grunge. (Also one reason I distinctly don't like the Canon 7D at all).

I don't expect a 24mp DX machine to be a high ISO superstar like a D3s or something; that's not its role in my book.

-m

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow