Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeepit
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Can Oly really compete with FF?
Mar 18, 2013

I have been sitting on the sidelines and watching all the new FF cameras come out and play.  Nikon d600, D800, Canon 60D, MkIII, Sony a99.  While sitting and viewing the FF's, I can only hope that Olympus has an answer to these full framers.

Is it supposed to be the OMD E5, the possible (future) E-7, or hybrid 4/3-m4/3 ?

Is FF needed for the non-professional ? How much is overkill ? What are the benefits that FF gives you , that you can't get with 4/3-m4/3?

How much longer will Oly languish dSLR users to the wilderness before will hear an official announcement from the company?

Last night I was telling my wife that in 5-7yrs all the heavy hitters in the photography world  may be only offering FF. (I realize this is my personal prediction.) If this comes to fruition where does this leave 4/3?

So many questions...

Jeepit's gear list:Jeepit's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +7 more
Canon EOS 60D Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow