B&W Paris Streets (on music) : Tell me what you think, please.

Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,702
Like?
Re: unsettled by form or content?
In reply to s_grins, Mar 18, 2013

s_grins wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

s_grins wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

s_grins wrote:

I felt very unsettled.

I suppose you mean that the transitions made you dizzy? You are not the only one...

Or did I misunderstand and does the content upset you?

Your slide show did not make me dizzy, it is unsettling. It makes me ready to sacrifice my life to protect Paris, France, the whole civilization from imminent threat coming from unknown direction.

Please elaborate. I am fascinated and puzzled at the same time.

Or did I miss an implied smiley?

Do my images give you the impression of looking at a civilization on the verge of collapse or disaster? Rome before the Vandals invade it? Or Pompeï before the Vesuvius burst?

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

NO SMILES.

Your side show somehow connects my memory to documentary about WWII and occupation of Paris. Perhaps it is a combination of B/W and music. There is something alarming in your masterpiece.

That is an effect that I could not possibly have anticipated.

I see the slideshow as romantic, and there is not a single atom in my mind that made any connection with WWII.

If anything, Paris in B&W creates mental connections with Cartier-Bresson and Doisneau (obviously: without implying that my work is of that level)

So : very strange but also interesting.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow