From your online shopping experiences..

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,042Gear list
Like?
Re: From your online shopping experiences..
In reply to Robert Anderson, Mar 18, 2013

Robert Anderson wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

I don't know which company you are referring to but there is no reason to think they blatantly shipped a damaged box. Boxes can and do get damaged in shipping. This one does not look like it was dropped but instead crushed. The contents are too light to do this damage from a drop but getting crushed somewhere in transit it possible.

From that you report you got a damaged box and nothing else (bad). I would keep it since it performs as expected. The contents are packed well, and packed so that the box absorbed the shock, not the contents. Since you say you are leaving then just use it. If there was a problem it would show up immediately.

Anyway, that is my take. Just enjoy your camera

Did you even read the original post?

"There was no damage to the shipping box or other contents inside the box...

Obviously, the retail package was dropped before being placed inside the shipping container...."

Damage this severe would have shown on the box it was packed in if it had happened in shipment.

Okay, my mistake. but the contents are packed very well to absorb shock and since everything works and the OP is ready for a trip, i would not hestitate to use it, especailly since there is a record reporting the conditon.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow