A Strange Barcelona setting (7 similar pics, looking for best 2)

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: A Strange Barcelona setting (7 similar pics, looking for best 2)
In reply to deuler, Mar 18, 2013

deuler wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

This is the best one by far IMO.

http://forums.dpreview.com/files/t/3962b331c78640aba715d558fe22216e

The people standing nearer of the camera frame the picture and the couple is looking at you, instead of turning their backs to the camera. Since they are far enough, they don't block the view of the buildings in the background, nor that of the rail.

The whole could need a little more contrast. Open the shadows if hat makes the foreground and buildings too dark. Add a little clarity too, to get more local contrat (thinking to it, it may be the only added contrast ths picture needs)

Interesting place by the way. I wish I could see it in person.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Thanks for your feedback. I was also partial to this one as the 'subject' is clearly the couple. The other images in the series don't have clear 'subjects' as the background and foreground fight for attention, although the image where the couple is looking at the buildings does resolve the issue a bit.

I have upped the contrast and clarity a bit and opened the shadows a touch too. Let me know if the image below is in the direction you were thinking.

Yes that s in the direction I was thinking, may a little too much so for the couple's faces. To make hens pop out more, you could try to use the brush to lighten them a little more, may be just pushing th shadow slider a little to the right.. Or perhaps also a little tiny push t the expsure slider. You ave to try. Use a brush with very  soft edge. Then use the brush to tanke the highlights again in the sky between the two buildings on the left (you have lost details ther by adding contrast.

Well ths is jst guessing, because I'm on the iPad and don't ave any mean to try it in LR. Too bad that the guy on the left dn't showing a little bit of his face.

thanks!

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow