7D and Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG HSM

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ralf_L
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D and Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG HSM
In reply to riknash, Mar 18, 2013

Hello and thank you for your answer/opinion

I agree with you that 1D Mark IV is much better camera then 7D without any dough. My favorite standard safari equipment from last time was 1D M4 with 400 F/2,8 IS + 1,4TC and second body was 5D M2 with 70-200. This time I am not travailing with my partner and don't have private safari as the last time either... and I am not traveling first class to have extra hand baggage as well.
It is not so much wich I liked with 7D in comparation to 1D M4 beside a few small details:
New Canon GPS work with 7D and strangely don't work or not compatible with 1D M4 (typical Canon)
1.6 crop factor gives me some extra magnification,
Smaller in size and bring less attention. I am going to walk around in many cities and in case of any problems losing my 7D would be so much problematic then 1D or 5D.
I did some test shot during the last weekend with sigma 70-200 OS version and discovered that I need to MA this lens. I guess that even 120-300 would need some correction/adjustment as well. Up to ISO 800 was good quality and between 800-3200 noisy and need to be careful with how to exposure. I did some test with to underexposure in order to get less noise and it worked well. In darker situations I will use 5D and put 7D aside. Well it is few moths before my trip and I will change my mind many time before I choose right equipment

Regards / Ralf

-- hide signature --

www.ralfsworld.com

Ralf_L's gear list:Ralf_L's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow