B&W Paris Streets (on music) : Tell me what you think, please.

Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,231
Like?
How the pan-zoom works
In reply to Jeff Tokayer, Mar 18, 2013

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

Great job Roel. Some fantastic images.

Thanks.

Do you get to choose the zooming action? or is it random?

You get to choose it.

For every image, you can determine a crop as start-point and another crop as end-point.

The software evolves the image between those two in the time allotted to the photo (and taking into account transition to the next.

For this first effort, I just stayed with 5 seconds for every images (which accounts for the difference in speed of zooming) and had all my transitions as cross-fade.  For a next effort, I should of course finetune that : give some images more time (especially when there is a long way to zoom or pan).  And maybe also no crossfading for every transition, but some clean cuts too.

As for the zooming : the deliberate choice I made was to zoom in on every 1-3-5-7-etc image and to zoom out on every 2-4-6-8-etc image.  Panning gets added to the zoom, when the middle point of the start- and end-crop are different (which is almost always, but sometimes more obvious than other times).

I have a lot to learn.

Jeff, thanks for your input and an interesting question.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow