mapgraphs
Regular MemberPosts: 391Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice...
In reply to Adam D Perler, Mar 18, 2013

Adam D Perler wrote:

mapgraphs wrote:

One thought perhaps,

Depending on your immediate needs, you don't necessarily need to think "new". There are refurbished and used cameras available that could tide you over till you reach a decision point. Both for the Olympus route or another brand. I would probably find it hard to give up the Olympus jpg for another brands attempts to get it as right (for me).

At any rate,You can pick up a very usable refurbished or used e-pl1 for around $130, a used E1 for $190, a used E-M5 for $900 or a used E5 for $1,000. Some examples:

KEH Camera (Olympus bodies)

Refurbished:

Cameta Camera - Olympus Compact ILC

Cameta Camera - DSLR - Nikon and Olympus

And of course, there are many, many other options.

I actually forgot about Cameta.... I have heard that they have good deals. Have you had any experience with them? That would be a possible route to replace my HG glass if I go back towards the 4/3rd lineup.

-- hide signature --

When I see it... I remember it. When I read it... I learn it. When I do it... I understand.

Yes, I've gotten cameras and SHG glass at Cameta. I've done the same at KEH. If you search the forums for "Cameta Camera" you should find a good body of opinion about them. I haven't had any problems with either Cameta or KEH. I've put together several kits through both retailers. My short wish list has an E1 from KEH.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow