Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,283Gear list
Like?
Re: Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?
In reply to Bailey151, Mar 18, 2013

The link did not work for me but the statement sure did. This is encouraging. And I am well aware all cameras have some compromises and of course we have to consider what we have to gain versus what we have to lose. Since I have been shooting raw and not using a battery pack it seems like in the 2.0 crop mode I will not lose much if anything as far as frame rate.

And for sports shooters of course high iso performance is important. There should be an improvement in detail compared to D300S even in the 1.3 crop mode. I have pretty good timing and do not often need the high frame rate, but there are times it does come in handy. I am getting to know a guy I often shoot next to that uses a Canon 5D M3 for his main sports camera and he has shot professional sports as well as the Olympics for AP. His name is Eric Draper and he was the chief White House photographer for eight years so I respect him greatly as a photographer.

Sports season for me is basically over this year so plenty of time to read reviews and hear opinions.

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow