Rendition Quality of New iMac Screen?

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 719Gear list
Like?
Re: Rendition Quality of New iMac Screen?
In reply to bravozulu, Mar 18, 2013

bravozulu wrote:

afterburn wrote:

bravozulu wrote:

Has anyone viewed images on the screen of the 2012 iMac.?

Yesterday my local camera shop sponsored a Canon printer seminar. The guy gave the talk and passed around quite large prints on various kinds of paper.

Near the end he spoke about the software folks use to manage their printer output. For 8 years, he was a professional PhotoShop processor. He made an interesting comment. Shooters can view a shot in the camera first, and then compare the printer output with the original shot. But in between, all the post processing decisions are made on a computer screen.

So, he asked, how true is the rendition on your screen? Because that is where you will make all your adjustments and corrections.

How good is the new iMac screen?

Dunno about the new iMac screen, but that is indeed why we calibrate (or why we should) our screens and our printers, so that you know that what you see on your screen is what you going to get on paper.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

When I wrote this question about the iMac, I was thinking about the Retina screen sold by Apple. But it only comes on their laptop computers. I have seen them in stores and it is very clear and lifelike.

Many pro photographers have this laptop in their camera back to review images.

That I can say something about: it is absolutely stunning! Haven't compared to print yet though.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow