Started Mar 16, 2013 | Questions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Can someone explain me ...
In reply to Deleted pending purge, Mar 18, 2013

OldArrow wrote:

vqueen wrote:

Thanks for letting me know of this theft!! I wonder whether I am the only challenge host whose challenge entries' are stolen this way... If this is the case, should I take this as a personal assault? I frankly do not know... I will notify dpr about his matter... I can not think of anything else to do other than the recommendations to the participants mentioned in previous messages in this forum....
In case you have any other suggestions, I will be very happy to hear... best regards to all.

There is something DPR could do about this... A transparent layer can be stretched over each image which is what is downloaded in case of an attempt. This feature could be made switchable, so users could decide whether to allow downloads of images or not. I have seen this first decades ago at NASA site.

Later I have found another kind of blockade here:

This is what shows at YouPic site when you right-click the image...

So maybe (in combination with the option in user's profile settings) something similar could at least make such thefts less simple. Screen grab will always work, but it is better than nothing, as one has to do it a screen at a time. Maybe there are another ways to do it even more efficiently; those who are currently into programming would know it, since my programming went obsolete with the days of Assembler, Cobol, Fortran and Basic...:-|

-- hide signature --

Fil

I think there is no solution.

In order to vote on images, they must be clear of watermarks and obstrucitons.

Software-blocking really does notihing. If the images is viewable at never full screen size, then all one needs is the snipping tool. Or screen capture--then crop later.

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow