Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part VI

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
BoeingPilot
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part VI
In reply to KJaay, Mar 18, 2013

I can attest to the speed of the AF of the HS50EXR. It is the fastest of any camera I have owned and a pleasure to photograph birds as they flit to and fro in and out of the line of a previous focus spot. The lens is focused almost as fast as you press the shutter release button.

The first day or so that I had the camera, I was going to return it, but after using it for a while I will keep it. Most of the in-camera features I will never use as I can always adjust with my photo editor later. The keys to this camera over all other bridge cameras (at this time) are:

1. True manual zoom
2. True manual focus
3. Focus Peaking in manual mode
4. Instant AF

These are the 4 features that interested me. Then you have in addition all of the other features built into the camera.

The camera body feels very good in hand and I like the rubber like coating.

For videographers, I am sure the manual zoom could be smoothed out with a follow focus adapter. I tried mine but it has a friction wheel and slides on the lens barrel due to its stiffness. A geared follow focus would work fine. The focus ring is so close to the body you may have trouble using one there.

Although a little disappointed with long zoom shots, today I plan on taking some test photos of subjects closer to the camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow