D5100 user considering NEX-6

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
wb2trf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,386
Like?
You don't say why you want to switch. So, I don't think you should.
In reply to mgn2, Mar 18, 2013

I don't think you should switch.  All cameras are tradeoffs between different objectives.  You don't give any indication that you want any of things the Nex offers or that you have any interest in changing what you can do with a camera in which the relationship of subject camera and you can be radically different than with a camera like the 5100.  From this, I think you will be unhappy. As if you asked us whether you will be homesick.

I shoot moving children in indoor light with the Nex 5R and the Sel5018.  A hard test for the new PDAF, but it is fine.   AF was marginal with CDAF only, but still ok.   On the other hand the way you can relate to a child when the camera is away from your face and much much smaller is where the big win is, far better than even losing a few shots to AF, which I used to do before the PDAF hybrid came along.  That is the new home, but if you don't feel that, don't do it.  You'll be homesick for the old big thing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow