Need help from Mac people.

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,347
Like?
Re: Need help from Mac people.
In reply to alvie, Mar 18, 2013

alvie wrote:

I thinking of changing from Windows platform to Mac platform. I have all my software like, Photoshop CS5, Topaz Labs, Nik Software, and photomatix for windows. My question to anyone out there how can I change all of my software from windows to mac without having to buy them all over again? Any help is greatly appreciated.

For Photoshop, if you have the latest version (CS6), there's a way to "cross-grade" from Windows to Mac OS X (or vice versa) without buying it all over again.  I believe you must pay a fee ($30?), and destroy your copies of Photoshop for the previous platform.  Since you are coming from CS5, you'd probably have to pay for an upgrade to CS6 before, or during, the "cross-grade".

With respect to Photomatix, it appears that you already have the right to run the program either on Windows or on Mac OS X.  From the FAQ it sounds like you can install the program on all of the computers you use (regardless of OS), as long as there is no more than one user at a time.

FAQ about HDR photography software Photomatix

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow