How bad is Epson 4900/7900 clogging?

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
sjstremb
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Re: How bad is Epson 4900/7900 clogging?
In reply to erichK, Mar 18, 2013

I have had direct use with all three, the 4900, 7900 and 9900. There are lots of threads that you can check out in this forum about problems with these printers. It's not just clogging and normal cleaning cycles, but clogs that will not clear and require a head replacement.

I do have some advice for you, first, you need to at least run a nozzle check every week, and if possible, print once  a week. I was told by the Epson repair guy who was doing a head replacement on our 9900 that under use is the bigger problem with this series of printers. (we often shut down for two months in the summer, a very bad thing for these printers) The head failure often happens at between 12 and 24 months, so an extended warranty can be a good thing but its expensive. The head replacement is between $1,100 and 1,400. USD. People who are printing on them a lot and consistently printing on them a lot are having less problems, people who print a lot, but on an irregular basis are having more problems.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow