Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmmmmmmm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,637
Like?
Just tested my D800 for left focus point
Mar 18, 2013

Last week I got back my D800 from Nikon.  I tested live view for my reference.  I have adjusted or fine tuned my 50mm f1.4, my 85mm f1.4, and my 24-70 f2.8 lens.  All of my lenses required a +10 to +14 correction.  Serial number of the camera is 3020681.

Using the center focus point the the left, center, right targets were sharp in the phase detection mode.  The right focus point works ok.  The left, however, is not even close to being sharp in the phase detection mode. When looking at the three targets, using the LFP, none of the targets were sharp.

I would like all the focus points to work correctly but I am thinking just use the center focus point and forget about the left.  Even taking portraits, I think the right is sharp enough.

When I got the camera back the invoice said "B" level service.  I don't think they even looked at the letter I sent with the camera.

Should I forget about using the left focus point or should I send it in AGAIN!

respectfully,

David Miller

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow