ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 710Gear list
Like?
Ilford's Gold Fibre Silk Packaging Problem - Very BAD Cost Cutting Idea
Mar 18, 2013

Hi Group,

I don't know if this problem applies in other countries, but in the US, all the new Gold Fibre Silk paper is arriving in the card board box without even a protective top sheet.  Paper has blemishes, cardboard dust and contaminates, etc.  I wrote Ilford via their website the following message, but probably won't do any good.  Anyone else upset about this ?
____

Dear Ilford,I've been using your Gold Fibre Silk paper since its introduction, both with my students (I'm an instructor at the Santa Fe Photographic Workshops), for my own fine art work, and for colleagues that hire me to make high quality prints.  I'm writing because I'm VERY CONCERNED about Ilford's current "substandard" product packaging.  The current packaging results in damaged and contaminated paper right out of your factory sealed box.  I've noticed that all the Gold Fibre Silk paper that I now purchase has no protective sleeve, wrapping, or tissue to protect the delicate paper surface from contaminates.   Ilford is just "dumping the paper in a cardboard box."  Consequently, the top sheet is ALWAYS blemished and the rest of the paper is exposed to dust, cardboard particles, and other contaminates.  This is UNACCEPTABLE from a company that is portraying itself as setting a high standard for quality.  As a result, I am no longer planning on replenishing my stock of Gold Fibre Silk once I exhaust my inventory and I am steering clients and students to other baryta surface papers.  I hope Ilford will re-visit their product packing and restore the necessary protective materials.  This is especially disturbing considering how much Ilford has raised the prices for Gold Fibre Silk.  Sincerely,Tony BonannoTony Bonanno Photography, LLCSanta Fe, NM  USAwww.bonannophoto.com
-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP General member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow