Forum ProPosts: 12,289Gear list
Like?
Re: Well done
In reply to Sovern, Mar 17, 2013

Sovern wrote:

MAC wrote:

Sovern wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I see the 5D has very slightly better corners, and the 60D is slightly better in the center and middle areas. This definitely shows that you never saw an advantage in resolution or sharpness after the files were reduced to 2000 pixels wide.

That said, the test seems well executed...at least at my cursory glance. Not sure why you chose DPP as it is probably the worst raw converter for detail and would harm the results from both the 5D and 60D.

In all fairness, I think you did a good, and fair job. That said, it shows the 5D resolves less....so please, no more posts about the rez.

Well done.

I disagree. The 5Dc very obviously resolves more detail than the 60D.

Remember, I use a crop factor camera...I am not biased.

The differences are quite large on my large monitor.

no, just like the prior thread in the lens forum

The crop sensor resolves more in the center

and the 5dc at the edges

T4i is amazing camera btw -- Bryan at The Digital Picture Site talks about how Canon tuned the Raw files at 1dx sharpness levels.

These are processed -- zero on the LR sharpness slider

The T4i might be the best Rebel but it's still a rebel....no Custom Dials, cheap shutter & build, ergonomics that aren't as good as the non Rebels.

Also the 5Dc photos look noticeably sharper than the T4i photos that you posted and I'm not even pixel peeping.

have you owned and experienced the new rebel? No, just your old rebel.

I've owned and experienced your 40d for 5 years.

This is about resolution and details.  hint --  find the word "details"

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow