Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,722Gear list
Like?
Thanks Jeff!
In reply to Jeff Charles, Mar 17, 2013

Jeff Charles wrote:

Ray Sachs wrote:

While the X100s appears to be incredibly fast in good light, it doesn't sound like its improved on the previous X-cameras in low light. Which, in my experience means an awful lot of hunting.

I've found that X100's AF-C is more sure than its AF-S in low light. It rarely hunts, if ever.

Just did some back to back torture tests with the X-Pro using C-AF and the RX1 using S-AF and you're absolutely right. They both lock on in ridiculously low light situations. No real speed or consistency advantage one way or the other, but the X-Pro is vastly better that way than in S-AF in really low light. I wonder how many people who, like me, legitimately complained about the low light AF on the Fuji models, just haven't spent much time using C-AF? I've generally stayed away from it on all of my cameras because it doesn't really help much with burst mode AF and I find the constant focussing irritating most of the time. But this is a situation where its clearly the right way to go.

Thanks again. I love having my pre-conceptions shattered, particularly when it results in getting a better working camera out of the deal...

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow