*** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Forum ProPosts: 16,054
Like?
Re: *** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***
In reply to qianp2k, Mar 17, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Focus method: AF on 5D (it doesn't have LV), MF (with 10x LV precisely)/AF on 60D. I make sure to turn off IS/OS on all lenses on tripod, MLR with 2-sec timer. Remote release (cable on 5D and wireless release on 60D).

Both pics seem soft or slightly out of focus. Does the lens perhaps need a bit of fine tuning?

Processed: All taken in RAW format and converted in Canon DPP with default setting, neutral preset. Only changes are adding a bit sharpness, +3 RAW in 5D files and +7 RAW in 60D files in DPP.

Why add sharpness? That would seem to negate any resolution comparison. As it stands, the 60D pic does seem to easily out resolve the 5D pic. Was the subject distance the same?

I. Indoor under constant indoor light on a dollar bill.

In very close distance just outside min focus distance. It is a very small center area.

5D+24-70L II

60D+24-70L II

Can you make the full file after conversion and prior to sharpening available? Some of the EXIF is left out due to the crop I think. Appreciate the comparison. Thank you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow