Help: Canon 9000 MkII, Red River, but can't use profiles...?

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
MT
MT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,838
Like?
Re: You should do fine...
In reply to Petruska, Mar 17, 2013

Huge thanks for going the extra mile.

I just went with RR's recommendations using Matte and Photoplus Semi Gloss.  Came out beautifully. The Polar Matte by RR is definitely nicer than Staples' supreme double sided paper in that it is smoother and colors are snappier. The Zeppelin SemiGloss has a bit of a magenta tint - not bad but it's very light and so I just desaturated magenta a bit in the printer driver.

Thanks again.  So no ICC profiles is fine.

MTMT

Petruska wrote:

MT wrote:

Great forum. Based on your recommendations, I picked up some Red River double sided paper including 60 lbs Polar Matte and Zeppelin Semi Gloss.

I'm running Canon 9000 MkII.

However, I'm printing a photo book by using Microsoft Publisher 2000. I've never used profiles before. Red River gives instruction on installing and then USING their profiles - but only with specific software such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Lightroom etc. But there's no instruction for Publisher 2000 and noodling around, there does not seem to be a way to do that.

So questions: What setting should I use? Just the stock matte and stock semigloss settings....?

Thanks,

MTMT

I use Publisher for certain projects but never printed a photo from Publisher. So I said that your post was a good one to now try it.

Well I was surprised at the result. Now I used my Epson R3000 with just the Photo selection in the printer driver (no color management for obvious reasons) and here is the scan of the print.

This isn't bad at all, quite good!

You shouldn't have any problem using the paper with standard settings. Brian gave you good advice, run some test prints to give you what you are looking for.

Again I'm impressed with the results as with Microsoft you usually don't get what you are looking for in a publishing program.

Good luck!

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow