Need advice...

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Questions thread
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,279Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice...
In reply to Adam D Perler, Mar 17, 2013

Every time I load up a bag with my E5/12-60/50-200/7-14/EC-14/FL50R (God forbid I should add the bigma....) I begin to wonder just how hard it would be to switch to a nice compact and light setup of an OMD with a nice light collection of primes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my four thirds gear - especially the glass - and will likely eventually commit to whatever the next body is. However, if I was in your position now, I would seriously look at a lighter and more compact option. If you want to stay in the Oly camp, get enough camera to tide you over till the next announcement. There are some seriously good deals on second and third gen pens at the moment which wouldn't take much of a bite out of your capital and are more than good enough as a stop-gap solution. I also hear great things about the higher end Sony NEX cameras (have a look at Kirk Tuck's blog). The one area where the mirrorless camp still lags is in continuous autofocus, so beware if that's important to you.

If you want to say with a DSLR, Then the HG glass is an excellent reason to stay with Olympus, but the constant speculation of will there/won't there be another body would worry me.

Not a lot of help, I know, but good luck with whatever path you choose.

Mario

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow