is the K30 a viable alternative to a consumer video camera?

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cyanhue
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
is the K30 a viable alternative to a consumer video camera?
Mar 17, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I've been shooting with a k10d for around 5 years (i read the forums here, but don't post much) and  I've recently realized that I'll need a video camera for filming some causal family videos.

the budget for this is somewhat limited,and I debating getting a descent consumer video camera vs upgrading to a k30 (in hopes that it will be usable for video). I wold love to upgrade, but I can't really justify this to myself unless this covers the video front as well (I would love the better high iso performance and faster AF, but unless this case serve as a video camera this is not enough at this point).

I've done some reading and the reviews for this camera are very good as a camera (which is great) but the video is often referred to as sub-par (this worries me).

anyone have any experience using the K30 for shooting family videos?

Is it convenient to use? could a non-photographer use it for videos and get reasonable results.

P.S. in case the comes up, I have amassed quite a few lenses for the Pentax mount so switching systems is less appealing.

cyanhue's gear list:cyanhue's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-30 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K10D Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow