SEL1018 - anything with better IQ+form factor for NEX-7 MF/AF/prime/zoom under $1500?

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,159Gear list
Like?
Re: SEL1018 - anything with better IQ+form factor for NEX-7 MF/AF/prime/zoom under $1500?
In reply to zorrik, Mar 17, 2013

zorrik wrote:

I have really enjoyed my Rokinon E-mount 8mm (see below for some examples of the type of pictures that I enjoy taking)

So, I am contemplating the Sony e-mount 10-18mm

However this being a rather large lens, perhaps there is an alternative out there that can better it in IQ and/or size department on NEX-7, perhaps a ultra wide prime ?

It is large(r), but relatively light - see ll comments here

• "Weight – or the absence thereof. Weighing in at 225 grams (8 oz., according to the specs, but it feels like less), it's very light and doesn't need an adapter. In fact, using this lens feels no different than using the 18~55mm kit lens, which is quite a relief."

I don't really care for the OSS or AF, and I am fine with adapters (really love my Contax G)

On a Nex-7 you are out of luck. Other than for the E1018, it may be best to wait for the Zeiss 12mm, or consider the Metabones' SB adapter with a 24mm SLR lens.

On the Nex-6, the wider RF lenses are fun to play with, and produce high IQ.

Another way to go is LA-EA2 with A1118, but the E1018 has better IQ.

Many thanks for your wisdom, as always.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow