A Nikon D600 - I don't think so

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
archrich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057Gear list
Like?
Re: A Nikon D600 - I don't think so
In reply to JackBenedict, Mar 17, 2013

I'm a new Nikon shooter and a former longtime Oly user (E-1, E-3, E-5, HG & SHG glass) and I bought a D600 a few months ago.

I do have dust/ oil spots and while I'd prefer not to have them I can deal with it because the IQ of the photos are so good.  I never had sensor debris with Olympus either. I'm a RAW shooter only and I find I spend far less time in post with my Nikon files than my Oly files because the images from the Nikon are much better.  The DR is outstanding  and  I really don't spend anytime dealing with noise because I don't have to.  Mostly I crop a bit, an adjustment or two in LR, and sharpen in PS5. If I see dust spots a couple of clicks in PS takes care of them.

I still look at my Oly gear with fondness, but of late that's all I've done with it.  I haven't used it since I've moved to the D600.  I'm going to sell my Oly kit and pick up a few more pieces of Nikon gear, including another D600.

Archie

archrich's gear list:archrich's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow