best wide angle lens for landscape

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
shibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Re: best wide angle lens for landscape
In reply to mfouks, Mar 17, 2013

mfouks wrote:

Thanks Shibbs. I don't know where I got the impression that the 10-18 wasn't great- must have been my imagination. What do you think about the Zeiss 24mm?

Marsha

shibbs wrote:

mfouks wrote:

I have a NEX 7 with the kit lens. I am looking for a really good landscape lens -could be prime or zoom. Is the Zeiss 24mm lens considered the best or is there something better. I don't mind waiting if there is something new coming up. I believe there is a 10-18 zoom but I'm not sure it is very good.

Thanks,

Marsha

Most of us will tell you the 10-18 f4 is an excellent landscape lens. Google it they will all say the same. If your after a prime the 16 f2.8 is good choice as is your kit lens at 18mm. If your after a fast prime you could wait for the new zeiss 12mm 1.8. But why when most landscape shoots are taken during the day.

This is my main lens, they don't get much better than the 24mm 1.8. I have 3 lenses, the 10-18 f4 I love this lens when im out in the country excellent landscape lens then there's my holiday lens the tamron 18-200 again nice lens. Then the rest off the time its the zeiss, I did tell myself I would not buy it because of the price but once you use it, it never comes off. If you want one lens then get the zeiss

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow