ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgn2
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Mirror-less ILC to compliment my gear.
Mar 17, 2013

What I own:

Fujifilm X100 (2012), D40 Body (2009), D5100 Body (2013)

Nikkor 18-55mm VR (2009), Nikkor 35mm 1.8 (2010), Nikkor 55-200mm VR (2010)

I love my X100 and use it as much as I can. But for versatility and speed I find that the Nikon can't be beat. The X100 jpegs are unique and for shots that are not OOF/blurry it is phenomenal. Exposure, skin tone, colors, bokeh, sharpness, all great. The D40 is/was great and helped me learn a lot about photography. I got the 5100 for the extra pixels, fast AF, bracketing, HDR, HD video, etc. I use the 35mm lens a lot, followed by the 18-55 and by far the least 55-200.

I was going to add a wide angle-lens like the Nikon 12-24mm or Tokina 12-24mm, but I just wanted to reconsider one of the mirror-less SLR type APS-C cameras out there like Sony NEX/Olympus/Fujifilm/etc. Perhaps I could get one of these with a wide angle prime or zoom (pancake would be even better) that is comparable to the Nikon/Tokina wide angle. I am not looking to replace my SLR gear right away, as I've found that as far as the mirrorless technology has come, its far easier for me to get reliable shots in all sorts of situations with my DSLR. Its just that I am not a big fan of hauling it with me everywhere (rarely do I walk around with an extra lens or two). Also, I would like to photograph my kid and small children, and I've had to struggle many times with the X100. I really value the accurate and fast AF of my SLR. Few things : I never shoot raw, I almost never use manual focus, the point of getting an SLR style mirror-less would be to get something lighter/smaller. Any recommendations for a body and lens?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow