IMPACT DAMAGE - HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Scot_P
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: IMPACT DAMAGE - HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF. Extended warranty?
In reply to puttin, Mar 17, 2013

I purchased my D800 about the time the left focus issue started gaining steam in that the Nikon repairs were were nonexistent or suspect.  I decided to purchase the Best Buy extended warranty that is suppose to cover any type of damage or manufacturer defect.   Although I didn't read all of the fine print,  I'm hoping that when I decide to get the LF issue looked at, and if Nikon can't resolve it for what ever reason ill file a claim on the BB warranty.  yes and BTW, mine has the issue. I don't need super duper testing to see the problem.   Using the left focusing = an out of focus result.  Ill get it fixed one way or another, on my  timeframe.

Dare i ask if Anyone out there has had any experiences with BB extended warranties good or bad?  I didn't buy the BB warranty for the sole purpose of compensating for the LF issue, I take my gear out on lakes and other odd not so camera friendly places where "impact damage" can easily happen.

Scot_P's gear list:Scot_P's gear list
Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow