When can we expect an FZ200 replacement?

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hschultz
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
When can we expect an FZ200 replacement?
Mar 17, 2013

I just sold my Sony A55 (and accompanying lenses) on ebay and now need a replacement. I've decided to go back to a bridge (I've bounced back and forth between DSLRs-Nikon D40, Canon T2i, A55 and bridges Canon S10, FZ100, Nikon, etc. over the years) but have finally had it with interchangeable lenses. My girlfriend has a T3 that will get us through the summer if need be, but I do want a capable bridge to hang on to for more than 18 months this time.

I'm obviously not partial to any particular brand, and obviously everyone pretty much releases new products once/year or so, there's the possibility of a leap frog, but I just want to buy something and be done with it. I'm not chasing pixels or zoom range (not a birder)--I just want the most versatile camera to capture pix of family vacas and my kids' sporting events (mostly outdoors, some indoors).

If I were to buy today, I think I'd lean toward the FZ200, but if new models are out again in Sep/Oct, I'd just as soon wait 6 months and pick up the latest/greatest, even if it means paying a premium for it (assuming the improvements are worth it).

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow