Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ohcello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,505Gear list
Like?
Re: my great lens Tamron AD SP 24 - 135 macro [made in Japan]
In reply to moony16, Mar 17, 2013

Berghof wrote:

Hello,

I may be getting the D600 and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this great Tamron

lens I've used so my on my film camera.It is not terrible old glass and I wonder whether all the functions of this IF would be preserved on the new D600. Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Berghof G.C.

My first copy of the 24-135 was on a Pnetax crop body, where the range was excellent, along with IQ--got a great Amazon deal, brand new, for < $200.  I was very happy with it, more so than I was with the Tamron 17-50 or the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 lenses--all things considered.

My 2nd copy of the lens I got from KEH.com. for the D700.  This was an excellent copy, sharp right to the edges--impressive, especially when you consider it was Ex condition, for $125.  The lens made music with my D700.

One day I got silly, sold the lens to a fellow Nikonian who now shoots it on his D800.  He gets beautiful pics with the comnbination.  I regretted selling the lens, so picked up another one on Ebay, but this one had poor borders on Fx, so I used it mostly on my D300, until I picked up a copy of the 24-85vr, which is an amazing lens IMO.  I then sold this not so good copy of the 24-135mm.

So, yes, it sure will work.  If you can, especially since the D600 is demanding on glass, try and be sure you get a high quality version of the 24-135.  It provides a splendid compromise of range and quality.  Best of luck.

JT

-- hide signature --

Who looks outside,
dreams; who looks
inside, awakens
Carl Jung (1875-1961)

Agreed as the good copies of this lens are very sharp all the way to the fx borders starting at 5.6 or so.... Wide open and f/4 at 24mm the borders has a tiny bit of white haloing but nothing excessive

ohcello's gear list:ohcello's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow