Like?
Re: Plug-ins for Aperture
In reply to Andy Hewitt, Mar 17, 2013

Andy Hewitt wrote:

Nikko aus London wrote:

vFunct wrote:

Overprocessing is no one's art.

The first image is much better.

Is there anything else you'd like to advise me on while you're at it?

I don't happen to like the work of Damian Hurst one bit but others pay millions to buy his work. Does my opinion render them idiots? Go look up the meaning of the word "subjective" and give yourself an education.

In other groups in this forum it's quite normal to post comment and critique on images that have been posted.

In this case you posted what to you seemed like a good example of correcting an image using plugins. To others it just appeared as an over processed image in that respect.

As an artistic representation, it is indeed a fine image, but it does not look natural, even though it does look impressive.

I don't think anyone is arguing against was is 'artistic', for that surely is indeed very subjective. What can be argued though, is whether it is a good photograph in a technical sense, and clearly it isn't.

IMHO, if you have a bad photo to start with, it is never going to be a great photo. However, you can make a good picture out of a bad one by making use of artistic effects, which is what you have shown here.

Regards.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Precisely.  I don't mind one bit if others critique my (admittedly poor) shots and/or subsequent attempts at PP.  But I do get annoyed when folks tell me what to think!  If I'm going for an artistic interpretation then I don't want to hear that my opinion is not valid.  I have it, and that is that.

Nikko

Nikko aus London's gear list:Nikko aus London's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow