Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DP777
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Should I buy NEX for ultra wide angle? sweep panoroma, 16mm/UWA or 10-18mm zoom
Mar 17, 2013

Wondering if anyone can help out with the choice I should make. I own a OM-D E-M5 and 12-50mm, and am looking for an UWA option because I like to take pictures of wide scene and architecture when I am travelling. Often I want to take some pictures of a building but the space is so limited I can't step backward enough to put the building in a picture. If I step back too much, there will be some obstacles such as traffic lights, trees etc.

For wide scene I usually take several shots and stitch them together in computer.

M4/3 also has 7-14mm UWA, but it is expensive, and changing lens is probably not very inconvenient in travel (not very sure because I have never changed lens before) so I think I can buy a second camera. NEX-5R has sweep panoroma, 16mm/UWA and 10-18mm, so it seems to be a better option as the camera is small and light, and offers unique features that M4/3 doesn't have. If you disagree please feel free to correct me.

Based on what I need, would NEX-5R and sweep panorama be better for me than Panasonic 7-14mm lens? Would you suggest upgrading to 16mm/UWA or 10-18mm lens?

Thanks in advance!

NEX5R Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow