EA-18G Growler Photos up close and personal

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glenn Bloore
Regular MemberPosts: 457
Like?
Re: EA-18G Growler Photos up close and personal
In reply to Airjeff, Mar 17, 2013

Airjeff wrote:

Nice Glen. Can't get any better, up close and personal. Wow!

Back from Red Flag 13-2 and still editing. Mixed findings with the D-800. D3S was perfect as always. Shot the 300/2.8 II and 1.4, 1.7 and 2.0 III. Even shot the D-800 with a friend's 600, of which NONE focused correctly. After returning I sent it in to Nikon. Returned in one week as "adjusted". Since the repair, I have only shot it with the 300 spotting at KMHR, which looked damn good. So, we'll see...

I am still debating on selling my 200-400 and going with the 500. I was really looking for the 300 to work good with the crop'ability of the D800. I think I am learning that there is no substitute for longer glass.

I absolutely love my 500 and find I use it often, but you can not beat the versatility of the 200-400.  My feeling is now that the resolution is getting so high, you can crop down a whole lot better than before.  That being said, long glass is still long glass and there is no substitute for it.  I think the choice of the 200-400 and the 500 depends a lot on what you are shooting.

I hope that your D800 issue got resolved.  Always like to see RF images.

Glenn

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow