B&W Paris Streets (on music) : Tell me what you think, please.

Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chembro
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Re: B&W Paris Streets (on music) : Tell me what you think, please.
In reply to Atwater, Mar 17, 2013

An excellent set of photos, as we have come to expect from you Roel, and the B/W treatment is effective, especially for a Paris street offering - but, as others above have mentioned, for an AV there is too much movement, and, this may surprise you, too many photos. For a slideshow of this duration (4-5 minutes) it is better to limit numbers to 40-50 IMHO. We want time to see the images, not just the movement. As a critic here I should still be in praise mode at this point but because there were so many images, by the time I reached the end I had forgotten what I had seen at the beginning - and this left me with a rather frustrated feeling - so criticism rather than praise is taking precedence. Sorry. I did go back and look at individual images, however, initially just to count how many, and really enjoyed the quality and the variety of scene.

There is a place for panning and zooming, and the temptation to use them is real, but you have used them as the exclusive transition methodology, eliminating a separate viewing time, and have not left us with any opportunity to really see and appreciate the whole image. With each image occupying 8-10 secs the transition time could be 3-5 secs at most with perhaps some variation in the transition format, including timed fades etc.

If you could slow the presentation down somewhat I am sure it would give a more satifying impression. In fact it woud add significantly to my pleasure from this forum if we could see more short slideshows. I personally use Pictures to Exe s/w but I am inpressed that you have been able to use a phone app.

I will look forward to more of this type of work from you. Kind regards, Chembro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow