First shot with CZ 24mm

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
chillgreg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,025Gear list
Like?
Re: First shot with CZ 24mm
In reply to alextardif, Mar 17, 2013

alextardif wrote:

Tried the CZ 24mm for the first time on the NEX7. Really liking the bokeh but wondering what I might be doing wrong in terms of settings since I was surprised how much CA there was at wide open - you will easily notice it at the highest contrast areas on the out-of-focus pipe above.

I'm just getting into photography and learning my way around LR4, so I know some of this is fixable post processing, but would appreciate any comments on how (other than reducing aperture) I can improve the CA using this glass (it was really bad in some of my other shots).

General critique is welcome as well

Nice photo!

I have the 5R and am considering the 35/1.8, a the CZ is a bit too big and $ for me.

Just a thought: Have you considered trying JPEG's? My understanding is that the camera should remove most of the CA. Seeing the high quality of the JPEG's, they should still respond well to some minor sharpening and/or brightness/contrast adjustments. Maybe try JPEG + RAW for comparison.

2c

Greg

-- hide signature --

Gidday
Greg

chillgreg's gear list:chillgreg's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow