So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
Jack: One Question, Short and Sweet
In reply to Jack Hogan, Mar 17, 2013

I'm a camera manufacturer. I'm about to build a camera. One of my engineers tells me that if I choose a 2-to-1 ratio for camera ISO Setting-to-saturation sensitivity across the whole range (i.e. ISO Setting 200 = saturation sensitivity 100 ... ISO Setting 25,600 = saturation sensitivity 12,800 with no deviations on the scale), I will effectively be 'faking' (or would be able to use the variance to fake) better noise performance than the camera actually offers, and sites like DPReview won't notice this faking or mention it to their readers.

Should I fire the engineer or give him a raise, Jack? Does he know what he's talking about, or is he sadly mistaken?

Looking forward to your answer.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow