n057
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,024Gear list
Like?
Re: More hair-splitting Bob...
In reply to bobn2, Mar 16, 2013

bobn2 wrote:

n057 wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

There is always this - the only people who bother about whether their camera is 'pro' or not are amateurs. Professionals use whatever gets the job done for them, and for quite a few that is an 'amateur' camera.

What can I say, if you cannot appreciate the difference ... "margaritas ante porcos" comes to mind.

What a silly thing to say. There are cameras made to different requirements to suit different markets. Professionals buy the camera they need to do the job they do, and the camera that they choose depends on the precise nature of the job that they do, which varies from pro to pro. So the last thing they would bother about was whether it had a 'pro' label. The NPS services that come with some of the cameras might well be a factor for them, but that's not available to amateurs, so can hardly be a real factor.

When I say "you", I am not addressing the professionals ...

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow