Like?
Re: Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part V
In reply to Midwest, Mar 16, 2013

Midwest wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Sagans Hus wrote:

Nightwings wrote:

Sagans Hus wrote:

In my opinion, it is about the Fujifilm HS50 and what it performs relative to similar cameras, so you can make a decision about which camera to buy.
your friend
/ Kim

You speak with great passion and conviction about your panasonic. I know of at least one other that's equally passionate who's conspicuously absent. What's lacking in you FZ200 AND the FZ150 in my opinion, is the lack of tonal depth. It's like I'm looking at a 4 bit photo. While the shots ARE sharp and crisp.... they lack tonal depth (in my opinion). It's as if the processing engines skip several shades of a particular color when going from bright to the shadows. ... again... my opinion. While I critique the HS series for lack of tack sharp glass ... a lot can be said about how well they produce tones... and tone graduations.

My 2 cents.

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

What do you think is missing here?
your friend
/ Kim

Are you on planet Uranus? Sky is cyan kinda like color of methane and some mix of hydrocarbons lol.

-=[ Joms ]=-

Definitely some white balance issues here, lots of shade in the foreground, it would be tough to be sure whether this looked real no matter how it was tweaked. But it was posted as an example photo and it's fair game for picking apart.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

I think the camera has handled the very awkward light, color and shadow in a very convincing way, you can see details in both shadow and sunlight and the image is very sharp.
your friend
/ Kim

Sagans Hus's gear list:Sagans Hus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Alpha NEX-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow