So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
Re: Issue 2: How to fairly compare output image IQ of two similar DSCs
In reply to Jack Hogan, Mar 16, 2013

Jack Hogan wrote:

texinwien wrote: So yeah, dunno Jack. I'm with you in a lot of ways here, and I understand where you're coming from, but you're making one or two small errors in logic that are throwing off the entire rest of your argument.

Only for people that take snippets of my posts out of their context.

Sorry, Jack, meta-argumentation is weak sauce. Address the errors in my arguments or admit that you were wrong, which you were. I understand why you'd resort to meta-arguments here.

Tip: I'm a nice guy, and as soon as you come around to seeing the error of your ways, I bet we'll get along real fine. Don't let your ego get in the way! It's not worth it...

I've known this stuff as summarized in these two posts for years and certainly did not change my mind in the last couple of days for these two threads.

Argumentum ad verecundiam - you obviously know a lot, but everyone makes mistakes. Your appeal to your own authority is fallacious. Admit your mistakes and let's move forward.

Jack

PS This phantomatic 'proof' you keep referring to was just a fictitious example connected to issue 1 (inconsistent in-camera ISOs between cameras and manufacturers), labelled as such for correctness and nothing to do with exposure, of what may happen when in-camera ISO labels are arbitrarily assigned by a a manufacturer - foolish people take them at face value at their own peril when deciding where to lay their money.

Ah, no. It was much more than that. It was the very illustration of the thinking errors you made in coming to the incorrect conclusions to which you came.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow