ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DRA-photography
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Upgrade for sports: from 500D to ...
Mar 16, 2013

Dear photographers,

After almost 3 years of learning and enjoying my Canon 500D, I'm looking for a new camera to upgrade. My main focus will be on action sports like Ice Hockey, American Football, Soccer, Volleyball etc, sports where a 1/1000s of a second can be critical for the perfect shot.

My main shortcomings with my 500D are:

- Amount of focus points, I'd like to get more than 9 focus points so that the subject I want to photograph don't really have to be perfectly in the center to be in focus.

- ISO capability, when I shoot in a badly lighted hall, I'm forced to shoot at 3200 or 6400 ISO where my camera is struggling with noise and clear colors and has it limitiations of shutter speed of course.

- Speed of shooting, there is a little lag from pushing the button to actually taking the shot, I think this will be better on a higher end camera.

For my new camera I want to spend a max of 1400 dollars, so like a new 7D or used 1D-series. I'm struggling to find the right type of used 1D-series camera thats really is an upgrade to my 500D. If you think a cheaper camera, like a 60D, will also be a good option, your welcome to say so. I'd like to know what is your advice is.

Cheers,

Daniel

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow