Sigma 17-70 new

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
VittoDigital
Contributing MemberPosts: 773
Like?
Re: Sigma 17-70 new
In reply to kithg, Mar 16, 2013

kithg wrote:

Thanks. I think I'm looking at about a quarter of a pound, there, which is not much difference. But thanks for reminding about the 72, because the old one was 67, I think.

I'm looking to get to where I used to be with my Nikkor 28-105, which I used all the time with my film camera, and which I dearly loved. It has that macro switch, too, which is great for close focus work. How does the Sigma shift into macro?

No places near me have the lens at all, which is frustrating. I may actually have to go on a quest to NY to put my hands on one!

All the versions of the Sigma 17-70, the first 2,8-4,5, the second 2,8-4,0 OS and the last "C", have a 72mm filter size.

In regard the macro: minimun focus distance is 22 cm/8,7 in. which means that in manual focus at 70mm you are almost touching your subject with the front lens

Just to explain better it's not a real 1:1 macro (only 1:2,4) but it's "close" enough for an "advanced close-up" :

Cheers

Vitto

-- hide signature --

Lol, I need an upgrade, my Nikon D6x is a too limited gear!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow