Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 679Gear list
Like?
Re: Craig, that really is a meaningless question
In reply to Marty4650, Mar 16, 2013

M

Caig... are you still using your E510, or did you move up to an E30, E5, or OM-D?

Actually, Marty, I have moved in the opposite direction.  I started with an e-5 and have collected a number of cameras including the e-30, e620 and e-510, which were purchased in that order.  Hard to believe, but on a dollar-for-dollar basis, the used cameras are fabulous values. I worry less and enjoy more.

I picked up the e-510 as part of an Ikelite underwater package on e-bay a few months ago.  I would have preferred an e-620 version, but this deal came along and the price was right.  I have not had the chance to use the underwater housing yet, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the camera on land.  Not bad.  As I have posted elsewhere on this thread, some people are getting some good results with the camera.  It is not an E-5, but it is capable of producing nice images.  Right now the biggest barrier to better images is me and not the camera.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow