ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
luisfmoreira
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
nikkor 50mm f1.4G
Mar 16, 2013

Hi guys,

I just bought a used nikkor 50mm f1.4G, and I tested it at the store, but when i got home and did some more tests, I found out that It has a problem, or at least I think it has:

The focus ring sometimes gets stuck, and I hear a clack noise and than it gets loose again, it focuses fine bout if I am focused to infinity, I have to click 7 or 8 times for it to focus on a near object (and I hear 7 or 8 claks).

Also if I set it to manual if I rotate the focus the outside ring moves just fine, but the numbers inside get stuck, than I hear the clack and it continues to rotate until it stops. I can't go past the 0.6 marker (to the 0.4) without doing like 10 full turns.

I have a nikon d7000 that I bought in January and it works fine withe several other lenses, so it's a lense problem. Can anybody tell me what could it be and if it's expensive/hard to fix? I don't know if I can return the lense but I like it and would like to keep it.

Thanks

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow