Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,873Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 crop factor
In reply to Chrisp63, Mar 16, 2013

Chrisp63, so you plan to keep your 50mm f2 and E-510 or sell everything to invest in Nikon? I agree that Olympus has a negligible commitment to DSLRs. Personally, that doesn't put me off because I think it's a great time to be a dual system user. For me, DSLR and mirrorless are perfect companions, but my hope is that Olympus will be able to meld the two. They have said over and over again, that there will be a body for the great 4/3rds lenses. I take that to mean that it will focus them, but not necessarily that it will be a DSLR with optical viewfinder. Translucent or new mirrorless technology that improves C-AF... it's all good so I'm biding time.

If you plan to keep your 4/3rds system for macro have you considered an E-620, E-30, or E-3 upgrade? The tilt-swivel screen is great for macro and the cost for these bodies is ridiculously low. There are good macro lenses in Nikon mount though, and it really sounds like you want to change, so I have nothing to urge on that point.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow