Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 crop factor
In reply to Chrisp63, Mar 16, 2013

Chrisp63 wrote:

Do you think you will be able to take better photographs?

I hope to improve myphotography by learning more from more experianced people and experimenting and also by.slowly investing in better gear. I think technically I am improving, I usually now shoot in aperture or full manual mode and spend a lot of time thinking of interesting subjects or angles and backgrounds. The lack of investment in SLR by Olympus is what concerns me and it doesn't look as if it will improve, if I am going to go beyond a beginners SLR and invest then I want a system that is actively developed. yes while I have really enjoyed the e-510 and will probably continue to use it for macro and portrait, I think the Nikon provides the best platform for what I want, I think there are a lot more lens available and the ommision of the low pass filter will apparently improve the sharpness of the images. Still time will tell. Iwon't get the Nikon until June so have a few more months with the oly only.

The D7100 is a better camera than the Olympus you are using. If you read some of the posts around here there a few guys still using e-500 series camera and taking great photos==Thane and CharlesB are two examples.  Charles post photos taken in concert venues. Concerts and minor league hockey are two of the toughest venues to shoot (IMHO).  Those guys are doing fine

Someone posted a shot the other day of a river scene in Scotland taken with an E-1 and 11-22mm lens.  The fact that I remember the photo and even have given some thought to it long after I viewed it speaks to its merit.  This photo was taken with a relic from the dark ages of digital photography, but the photo worked for me.  There have been some other very fine photos taken with such gear that have been posted here in recent months.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow