Travelers, if you could only take two primes on a trip which two (even if you don't own them)

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,387Gear list
Like?
Re: Travelers, if you could only take two primes on a trip which two (even if you don't own them)
In reply to ARB1, Mar 16, 2013

ARB1 wrote:

would you choose?

I have a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 on the way and I also have a Nikon 85mm f/1.8 and I'm considering leaving my 24-120mm f/4 at home on my next trip, so I was wondering (and I know shooting styles differ) which two primes most folks would take on a standard trip. I'm not thinking about that once in a life time African safari which would probably require a 400mm lens or better, just your standard vacation trip.

-- hide signature --

Allen

I have travelled the world with an F3 and 2 primes for many years: 24/2.8 and 105/2.5 both AI-S. My gut feeling at the time was that an 85/1.8 would have been preferable, but liked the extra tad of reach of the 105 better ...

Ony my fist AF camera (Nikon F90X) I then had an 20/2.8 and an 85/1.8 both plasticky AF-D but optics were ok.

I now use a Fuji X-E1 and would take the 14/2.8 (21mm equiv) and the 56/1.4 (85/1.4 equiv... lens not out yet, so I use the 60/2.4 Macro (90mm equiv).

A little bit more thought and planning when you take pictures but don't really "need" much more than that.

Picture taken with X-E1 & 14mm:

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow