So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,704
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 16, 2013

Randell Tober wrote:

In all the comparables the OM-D wins at least in my opinion, but being I can't handle one prior to purchase I'm a little concerned. I've ran into several mentions to the camera not being for big hands I thought about going with the gh3, but when put up against the OMD...it looks weak to me. I like the 4/3's as well as not having to spend as much on glass- vs SLR. right? Thouhts? Thanks

Randell, as for big hands, I am blessed with a pair of them.  I love shooting with the EM-5, but I would not even thinking of using it if I did not have the HLD-6 grip that Olympus offers to go with it.  My hand and fingers is just too big to try and hold that little camera without it.  Even with the grip on it, my little finger use to have a problem some time wondering just what I was going to do with it when I was holding my EM-5.  I have learned how to engage the little dials on the camera, which did take some working with to get use to it.  If I had to make the purchase all over again, I would do it.  With the rebates going on right now, a person could save up to $600 with buying a camera, grip, flash and three lenses.  It is a great system, and with all of the gear that I just mentioned, I can easily pick it up with just a few fingers.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow