Outdoor On Location Studio strobes

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jack A. Zucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Re: Outdoor On Location Studio strobes
In reply to Sailor Blue, Mar 16, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

Most softboxes will mount on a variety of speedrings. Have you tried mounting the Elinchrome 39" deep octa on a PCB speedring?

No, i sold it when I got the einstein. I really had such a bad experience with elinchrom that I didn't want the karma of using any of their stuff anymore, lol. I actually like the 36" fotodiox softbox a lot but the mount is very loose on alienbees equipment and I'm always worried it'll fall off. I may just start taking the 24x36 buff softbox which is lighter than the buff 36" octa.

Lawrence Keeney's cart looks good. This one isn't collapsible but it would make a good cart for transporting photo gear and with a light stand mount attached it would be a very stable hard to turn over base for that light stand.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203222845?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=cart&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=203222845

i have that cart. I've thought about putting a light stand on it but i never got around to it. One concern is that the wheels are very close together and it has tipped over several times. I'd hate to have that happen with a light on it!

And you live in Thailand?!? VERY JEALOUS!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow