Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gazehunter
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Creating an archive or photo library help
Mar 16, 2013

I'm in the process of helping a local primary school set up an archive for their historical as well as their future photographs created. The school is celebrating their centenary so they are thinking that far back and at the same time thinking that far ahead.

This is a very interesting project where the school is recognising the importance of photographs as a resource and would like to have a system where any photographs created can be archived and key worded effectively for future use, thinking ahead into the future in therms of centuries, not just years.

I'm looking for advice on what hardware and software would be useful.  It needs to be easy for non photographers to use, good for inputting, key wording and then also easy to search through.

I've come across ACDSee as a option on a website.   Being a Mac user and a professional myself I'm more familiar with Lightroom but obviously it is not an option for a novice user, I don't want to put people off with over professional software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also any links to more relevant forums online would be great, I simply can't find the right place for this kind of discussion and am certain it's out there, I'm just overseeing something or searching incorrectly.

Thanks

Eti Wade

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow