Best wireless remote for the Panasonic GX1?

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sgt_Strider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,078
Like?
Re: Went the extra mile.
In reply to Kuppenbender, Mar 16, 2013

Kuppenbender wrote:

I haven't tried any HDR and rarely use continuous, let alone wirelessly, but especially for you I gave the Pixel Oppilas a thorough work out and learned something new.

The remote has a four-position sliding switch: Single-shot, Burst, Bulb and Self-timer

Single shot is fine, no problems at all.

Burst mode on the remote was a little erratic. With the camera set to SH continuous, holding the button down only takes one shot after another fairly slowly, certainly nowhere near 20 frames per second. H, M & L work better, but there is often a slight pause after the first shot, followed by a continuous burst.

On the Auto-bracket camera setting, there is a slight pause (1/2 a second) after the first frame, followed by the rest of the sequence of shots.

The good news is the Bulb setting on the wireless remote works flawlessly. One press to start the sequence, and one to stop. This works on all continuous shooting modes and Auto-Bracketing on the GX1.

The self-timer setting on the remote gives you a 5-second self-timer without having to touch the camera.

The other good news is that at no time did the camera lock up during testing.

Hey Kuppenbender,

Thank you so much for going the extra mile to help me out. Words cannot possibly convey how grateful I am for you to be doing this. I do have a few more questions to ask and I hope you can further clarify things so that I am 100% clear on this receiver.

First, what do you mean by H, M & L? I only shoot RAW.

Second, in AEB mode (don't know how many exposures you set, but I intend to use at least 5 exposures and maybe 7), are you saying that you just press the shutter once and the camera will automatically take all of the exposures that I've set? Or you hold the shutter on the remote until all 3, or 5, or 7 exposures are taken (depending on the setting in the menu)?

All in total, how long did it took for all of the exposures in your set was taken?

As for the self-timer, if the camera is set to 10 seconds and the remote have a 5 second option, I'm assuming that I get up to 15 seconds to take the shots right?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow